Areca ARC-1686-4NOD (4 x M.2 NVMe Hardware RAID Adapters)Areca
The ARC-1686 series presents the advanced hardware RAID technology in enhanced performance of using 2/4/6 Bays M.2 NVMe. The hardware RAID adapter support off module power loss protection (PLP), on-board hold up supercapacitor, and M.2 slot Power Disable feature for guaranteed data protection. This is designed in a 1.6 GHz dual-core ROC processor and PCIe Gen 4.0 host/device interface and supports RAID levels 0, 1 (Simple/Multi Mirroring), 10, Single Disk (Single/Dual/Triple) or JBOD.
|Dimensions||107.2(H) x 205(L) mm|
|I/O Processor||Tri-Mode Dual Core ARM A15 1.6GHz ROC|
|Drive Connector||4 x M.2 Connector|
|Drive Support||6Gb/s SATA, Gen 4.0 PCIe (NVMe)|
|Management Port||In-Band: PCIe|
|Power Consumption||Approximately 12/14 Watts (without M.2 drive)|
|Operating Temperature||0 °C to 55 ° C|
|Operating Humidity||10% to 85%, non-condensing|
- Supports 4 Bay M.2 Hardware secure boot ready
- x8 PCIe Gen 4.0 host interface
- Support individual NVMe PowerDisable feature
- Redundant flash image for adapter availability
- Capacity expansion, RAID level/stripe size migration
- SED support for hardware NVMe encryption capable drives
- Tri-mode interface at each M.2 bays - 12Gb/s SAS/SATA / Gen 4.0 PCIe (NVMe)
- RAID levels 0, 1 (Simple/Multi Mirroring), 10, Single Disk (Single/Dual/Triple) or JBOD
- Device interface PCIe Gen4 NVMe / 6Gbps SATA per M.2 slot
- Support off module power loss protection for Non PLP NVMe drive using on-board supercapacitor
- Broad operating support including Windows, Linux (open source), FreeBSD (open source), Mac and VMware
Based on the Broadcom SAS3908/SAS3916 x8 PCIe Gen 4.0 to SAS/SATA/PCIe RAID on Chip (ROC) controller, the ARC-1686 entry-level RAID adapter raises the standard to higher performance levels with several enhancements including a new high performance 1.6 GHz dual core ROC processor, outstanding performance PCIe Gen 4.0 host and 12Gb/s SAS/SATA/PCIe (NVMe) interface bus interconnection.
At the heart of ARC-1686-xNOD is the incredibly powerful Broadcom SAS3908/SAS3916 dual-core ARM A15 tri-mode ROC, giving effortless performance as desirable. It delivers storage interface PCIe Gen 4 NVMe, 12Gb/s SAS, 6Gb/s SATA, and the security of data protection. Damage in a software RAID is considered as the consumption of massive computation and memory bandwidth on the host. The ARC-1686-xNOD hardware RAID relieves the parity generation burden from the host and maximizes application processing performance.